The roots of Fludra Metal Company go back to 1930. The Company's founder and first owner was Jan Fludra. Initially, the strategy was focused on blacksmithing, with utmost attention being paid to high product quality and continuous improvement of personnel skills.
In 1960 the Company was handed over to Edward Fludra – the founder's son. He expanded the range of activity to include fitting services, which necessitated increase of manpower and purchase of new equipment.
1970 - The Company specializes in custom fitting and blacksmithing works. Using traditional methods, it manufactures metal fences, gates, gratings, etc.
1991 - New production facilities added, with eccentric presses and all types of moulds used for production. Service portfolio expanded to include punching and sheet metal bending. New steel warehouse created, with two band-sawing machines.
1994 – Collaboration established in the field of production of rehabilitation equipment. The Company manufactures its first components for wheelchairs and all kinds of mobility aids. Additionally, mechanization of the Company proceeds fast. New welding and machining technologies are introduced.
2003 - Extension of the headquarters at Górki Street. Creation of a new welding shop and facilities for final assembly of rehabilitation equipment.
2004 - Purchase of land for constructing a new headquarters, as further Company growth is no longer possible at Górki Street.
2005 - ISO 9001-2000 quality management system implemented in the area of metal component production.
2006 - All production-related operations transferred to the new headquarters at Harcerska. Swift relocation of machinery as well as office and social facilities. New eccentric press, mandrel tube bender and modern welding machine purchase thanks to PHARE 2003 support.
2007 - Modern powder coating shop developed.
2009 - New machine purchase thanks to EU funds, translating into major production growth. The Company acquired:
- AMADA LC-2415 ALPHA IV NT laser system
- AMADA HFP 170-30NT press brake
- HAAS VF2 CNC machining centre
2012 - New high-bay warehouse constructed with a surface area of 500 m2. Another AMAFA FO MII3015 laser cutter purchased.
2013 - ISO 3834-2 system implemented. 2013 Gazela Biznesu (Business Gazelle) Award.
2014 - Construction of a new welding shop with an area of 1000 m2, intended for large structures, with a 5t overhead crane. Another award - 2014 Gazela Biznesu (Business Gazelle).
2015 - ISO 14001:2004 implemented.
At present, our manpower totals 120. The Company keeps improving and accepting new challenges in the realm of professional metal working.
We have focused on two directions of development – production of rehabilitation equipment (which is exported to many countries around Europe) and provision of metal working services on the domestic market.